So exciting news since my last post......wait for it......I GOT MORE BIRDS hehehe. Yes our first little friend here is the lovely chickadee...chick chick chickadee. They are so adorable and I just love the little tweets they make. They even decided to check out a few of our bird houses. First they checked out the yellow one in back. Apparently the price was out of their range or the location wasn't to their fancy. They then tried the worn but very cozy Bed and Breakfast that was in closer proximity to the food. They are so sneaky. They would swoop in and land in the Crab Apple tree with a big wad of what looked like a cotton ball, and just sit there very still. They would wait....look... and swoosh into the bird house put down their nesting materials sneak back to the opening peek out and swoosh they were gone again. All three of us watched with excitement. We were going to have cute baby CHICKADEES!
Well that is what we thought anyway. Apparently the neighborhood got a little busy for them.
First came the darling American Gold Finch. Gorgeous, absolutely stunning. Well he brought his girlfriend and then came the House finch with his girlfriend ( I think, could just be a friend) and then we have on the top right I think a sparrow??? Donny and I aren't quite sure yet. The bottom right probably is the female gold finch (saying "what you looking at") or it could be the lesser gold finch. Donny thinks it is the Lesser. Lesser in color but definitely not beauty. One time, obviously when I was not looking or else I would have a picture, Don and Donny say a flock of at least five baby Gold Finches. At least that is what I have been told.
And then there is the Blue Scrub Jay. The Scrub Jay found our Suet feeder that our little chickadee and tit mice loved so much. He found out how good it was and decided to keep coming back on a very regular basis. Then the nerve he brought a group of black birds to share it too. Well those big bully's must of scared out the rest of the neighbor hood in our backyard because the poor little Bed and Breakfast has been pretty quiet for quite some time. Poor Chickadees....come back.
We enjoyed seeing the pretty blue on the Scrub Jay so we kept putting Suet out for a bit. Every now and then our friend the Flicker (see previous post) would stop by. I think most of the time he is over at Ann's house tapping on her Chimney cap hahahaha.
Finally I said enough and decided to get back our little friends instead of just the Scrub Jay and Black birds. I took down the Suet (for now) and so far the finches still come back. I think I did see a chickadee in a tree the other day but it flew off to quick to tell. I am still waiting for our little friend to come back. Chick Chick Chickadee come back!!!
We did get our Hummer back though. He disappeared for a month or so. We thought for sure the cats got him. Donny said he told them to do it (remember Donny doesn't like the Hummer, he gets to much attention lol). To our surprise he showed back up. YAY.
We finished the front yard to with Bird bath and all. So hopefully they will come enjoy that area as well.
See little Chickadee we have room for everyone..... They'll be back I know it.
So it is now June almost July. I promise to make my next post more frequent than every 3 months.
Until then friends, get out there and bird watch and explore! Ta Ta




No comments:
Post a Comment