Thursday, March 14, 2013

Welcome Birdy Friends (and non birdy friends :) )


Since we moved out to Oregon City over three years ago I have gotten a bigger yard, which means ....THE MORE I CAN DO WITH IT. I love to garden, flowers, veggies, you name it. I have made some changes to our yard over the last three years mainly because the soil is clay and well.....holds tons of water and doesn't appear to like grass for very long.
Before
After

So out with the old and in with the new and by golly NO MORE GRASS. We transformed the back yard into a Bird loving haven not to mention one my family and I love tons. I am really looking forward to this Spring and Summer so we can experience the full array of colors these plants have to offer. 

Our first main guest that I that we have seen is the Anna's Hummingbird. We have a Male that has been like a pet almost. He has claimed his territory as his own and then started attracting the females. Over the winter we have had three Hummers total. The male, who we named "Twister" and two females.
Needless to say our two neighbor cats have been very entertained as they try to figure out a way to get them. But No worries I have air cans that scare off the cats if they get to close. Plus those little birds are pretty smart and super fast.

That is all I am able to blogg at the moment but stayed tuned as we have seen a lot more birds now that Spring is just around the corner...and I got pictures to prove it. EXCITING!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment